American Capoeira Foundation
The mission of the American Capoeira Foundation is to develop, promote, educate and preserve aspects of Afro-Brazilian culture, which includes capoeira, music, dance, and theater with the purpose improving humanity and strengthening community. Capoeira is an Afro-Brazilina art form that combines
EDUCATOR CONTACT INFO
SELECT A PROGRAM
Intro 2 Capoeira Class
American Capoeira Foundation’s Intro 2 Capoeira is a class designed to introduce the fundamental elements of capoeira, an Afro-Brazilian art form, to students. This unique art form combines music, dance, acrobatics, and martial arts.
The activities, movements, exercises that students will experience are designed to help students improve their flexibility, coordination, balance, rhythm,... View more
Contact for availability for 2019-2020 school year
During school hours and/or outside school hours
Indoor large open space such as basketball gym or open field
Sound system and/or speaker that can be connected to an iPod via headphone jack
In the Charlotte area: 4-6 classes per day: $600 or 1-3 classes per day: $300
Outside Charlotte area: price may include travel costs
*All prices can be negotiated
I.CP.1 Use choreographic principles, structures, and processes to create movement that communicate ideas, experiences, feelings, and images.
I.CP.2 Understand how to use performance values (kinesthetic awareness, concentration, focus, and etiquette) to enhance movement performance.
From the Arts Education, Dance K-8 Standards (all grade levels):
- CP.1 – Use choreographic principles, structures, and processes to create movement that communicate ideas, experiences, feelings, and images.
- CP.2 – Understand how to use performance values (kinesthetic awareness, concentration, focus, and etiquette) to enhance movement performance.
- DM.1 – Understand how to use movement skills in movement.
- R.1 – Use a variety of thinking skills to analyze and evaluate movement.
- C.1 – Understand cultural, historical, and interdisciplinary connections with movement.
From the Social Studies, K-8 Standards (all grade levels)
- Culture, C.1 – Understand and compare cultural expressions and diversity.
- Dance, C.1 – Understand cultural, historical, and interdisciplinary connections with dance and/or movement.
Maria Blackburn, teacher
Providence Day School
Kim Benton, teacher
Andrew Jackson Middle School
Michele Nonemaker, Dance Educator
Mountain Island Lake Academy
Bronica Glover, Executive Director
Grearer Enrichment Program
One month written notice required for full refund.
Two weeks notice for 50% refund
Weather or other emergencies, a makeup date will be arranged if possible, or a settlement will be negotiated.