Reggie Harris has been affiliated with the John F Kennedy Center’s Partners in Education program for over two decades, offering both multimedia performances for students and communities as well as and in-depth workshops for educators at all grade levels. His writing, research, field work and
Educator CONTACT INFO
SELECT A PROGRAM
Music and the Underground Railroad
The Underground Railroad is one of the most important chapters in American History. This engaging, interactive concert of songs, stories and narratives about slavery and the quest for freedom reveals the hope, power and eventually, the triumph that was accomplished by shared by a network of multicultural allies. Through song, story and student involvement, “Music and the Underground Railroad”...
Booking / scheduling contact
10′ x 10′ performance space; Access to 110 outlet near stage; access to stage 45 minutes in advance; Reggie will need one vocal mic with boom stand, one instrument direct line and two monitors. Reggie can provide sound for schools when contracted to do so.
Schools, libraries, theaters, performing arts centers, community venues
Two performances in one day (same site) – $750 per performance
Three performances in one day (same site) – $650 per performance
* Examine the causes, course, and consequences of the Civil War and Reconstruction including the effects on American peoples
* Integrate and evaluate content presented in diverse media and formats, including visually and quantitatively, as well as in words.
* Ask and answer questions about information from
a speaker, offering appropriate elaboration and detail.
* Identify the reasons and evidence a speaker provides to support particular points. Summarize the points a speaker makes and explain how each claim is supported by reasons and evidence.
* Understand how music has affected, and is reflected in, the culture, traditions, and history of North Carolina.
* Understand the interacting elements to respond to music and music performances.
* Illustrate audience and participant behavior appropriate for the purpose and setting that music is performed.
* Understand global, interdisciplinary, and 21st century connections with music.
Music and the Underground Railroad Study GuideMusic-and-the-Underground-Railroad-Study-Guide-1.pdf
Emily Stumb, North Forest Pines Elementary School, Wake Forest, NC; firstname.lastname@example.org; (919) 570-2220
Renee Van Horn, Stanly County Arts Council, Albemarle, NC; email@example.com; 704-982-8118
Rebecca Williams, Ashe County Arts Council; West Jefferson, NC; firstname.lastname@example.org; 336-846-2787
When the Artist has incurred significant travel expense to honor a contract and the contract or a portion of the contract is canceled due to weather, the artist will be paid in full and every attempt will be made to reschedule the services within the following 12 months at no additional charge to the Artist or the Presenter/School. If the Artist is at home or has not traveled to reach the venue location when the cancellation occurs, payment is not required and every attempt will be made by all parties to reschedule the work within the following 12 months. It is understood that make-up dates will be rescheduled when the artist is traveling through an area and the Artist is under no obligation to pay additional travel expenses to make-up services canceled due to weather.