NASCAR Hall of Fame provides educational field trips which are aligned and support curriculum standards through using PBL (Project-based learning) techniques for students to apply real-world examples and discovery through the world of NASCAR.
STREAM based educational approach guides students through exploring how science, language arts, creative arts, math, active and informational reading combine. In addition to hands-on classes with educational staff. Students have a chance to utilize technological activities throughout the museum to learn more and try their hands at NASCAR jobs and positions.
The average recommended field trip: 3 hours.
Full list of workshops, classes and seminars are available. www. nasacarhall.com/plan-a-visit/field trips
400 E. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., Charlotte, NC 28202
Kick your Field Trip into overdrive by enhancing your experience with a field trip activity. NASCAR Hall of Fame field trips activities are hands-on opportunities to learn more about a specific subject matter and support PBL and real-world application. With more than 30 different programs for grades K-12 and the ability to tailor to meet your needs. See, Explore and Learn how the curriculum is moving at racing speed.
90 minutes to 3 hours: Length of stay range. Please let us know how long you’d like to stay, so we can help you coordinate your visit.
10 to 300: Group sizes, ranging from classes to entire grades.
1:10: Student/chaperone ratio. For every 10 students, you will receive one (1) free chaperone admission.
17: Number of Spark! stations reinforcing learning opportunities during explore time.
Over 30: Number of staff-facilitated and grade-level-specific classes, workshops and seminars aligned to state and national curriculum standards covering all subject areas with an emphasis on STE(A)M and language arts.
Preparation and Booking
• Field trips can be reserved between 9:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. daily or earlier with approved coordination. Please provide at least four weeks to better ensure staffing.
• Special days for home school or STEM learning days (see calendar or ask Group Sales specialists).
• We help plan your experience. Schedules are provided for your group as early as two weeks in advance.
• Expansion lessons, primary and secondary resources, and activities available for in-class use to support your experience and extend your units.
What to Expect during your Field Trip
• Field trips include self-guided or chaperone-led portions, in addition to prearranged/purchased staff-guided experiences.
• All students get a chance to have physical activity and career experiences through driving simulations (qualifying) and changing a tire as pit crew members.
• Upon arrival, all students go through a staff-led orientation that prepares them for the day; chaperones and teachers also receive a separate orientation to help them navigate the building.
7 days a week; except Columbus Day weekend, Thanksgiving, Christmas day, Charlotte Race Days (3rd Friday of May and Friday before Memorial Day and 4th Friday of September), and NASCAR Hall of Fame Induction (Last Friday in January/1st Weekend in February)
9:45 am – 5:00 pm
At least one month notice for program required for groups over 20 students.
NASCAR Hall of Fame, 400 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd Charlotte NC 28202
Admission price: $11 per student Chaperones: one Free for every 10 students Additional chaperones: $18. Workshop and program fees additional: 30 minute workshop – $3 per student 60 minute program – $4 per student 90 minute program – Pre-K only; $11 admission price
View workshop catalog and particular classes for alignment online.
Workshops and Explorations are aligned to NC Science and Technology standards and support STEM learning objectives, including: Chm 2.2 Phy 2.1 and 2.3 PsC 1.2 7.P.2 3.P.3 6.SI.1
Workshops and Exploration programming cancellations or changes need to be made at least 24 hours in advance of your confirmed reserved date/time of schedule program.