Discovery Place Science
One of the top hands-on science museums in the nation, Discovery Place Science provides ever-changing, entertaining facilities that engage people in the active exploration of science, technology and nature. The Museum brings relevant, contemporary science to life through groundbreaking exhibitions,
Educator CONTACT INFO
SELECT A PROGRAM
Coding on Canvas
Painting like Pollock has never been so much fun! Program a robot to paint an original work of art. Coding, art and self-expression combine as an introduction to STEAM.
• One dedicated teaching space is needed for this program for the duration of our visit. This program is not meant to move from room to room
• Teaching/presentation space must be accessible via wheeled cart.
• Access to electricity and a water source.
• 5 tables or groupings of desks and 5 chairs per table/grouping
• Floor/desk space for coding box/boxes
• Approximate set-up and clean-up time- at least 30 minutes before and after program
Your location. We come to you.
$150 first class/$125 for additional class (same day, same program)
• NCES: 3.V.3.3, 3.CX.2.3, 4.V.3.3, 4.CX2.4, 5.V.1.3, 5.V.3.2
• SCVAS: Anchor Standard 1, Anchor Standard 2, Anchor Standard 5, Anchor Standard
NCES: 3.V.3.3, 3.CX.2.3, 4.V.3.3, 4.CX2.4, 5.V.1.3, 5.V.3.2
Cancellation notice of three weeks is required for a full refund. Cancellations with less than three weeks’ notice are non-refundable but may be rescheduled for a visit within a 12-month period. There is no fee for rescheduling as long as the class or visit is rescheduled within one week of the cancellation date and the visit is completed within the 12 months of the originally scheduled date. Changes to the number of attendees must be made three days prior to the program or visit to receive a refund. No refunds will be issued the day of the visit, and no refunds will be issued for amounts of $10.00 or less.